Care, Guidance and Support
Biggleswade Academy - Safeguarding Department
We believe that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind. It is therefore the responsibility of all adults within our school community to ensure the safety and protection of children and to give them the very best life experience.
Our academy actively promotes the welfare, health, safety and guidance of every pupil throughout its policy and practice ensuring that robust child protection procedures form an essential part of our approach to child safety.
Above all we recognise that:
- The welfare of our children and young people is paramount
- All students regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and age have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse
- Working in partnership with our students, their parents/carers and other external agencies is essential in promoting their welfare
The aims of this policy are to:
- Create a supportive environment in which all our pupils can flourish, achieve and in particular, 'Stay Safe'
- Ensure all teaching and non-teaching staff are clearly aware of the need to safeguard children, understanding their responsibilities in identifying and reporting cases of possible abuse
- Promote the safeguarding of children and young people and encourage the prevention of child abuse through effective communication and proactive intervention within the curriculum and with our partner agencies
- Ensure pupils feel safe and secure, their viewpoints are valued, they feel they are listened to and their self-esteem is built
- Protect children from maltreatment
- Prevent the impairment of children's health or development
Biggleswade Academy Safeguarding Team
Designated Safeguarding Officer for Biggleswade Academy
Safeguarding Lead Practitioner - 'Umbrella Role' across whole academy
|Lead Safeguarding Practitioners across the Academy|
1, 2, 3, 4
5, 6, 7, 8
|Faye Markwell||Lisa Newall||Fiona Brunger||Christine Gilbert||Kim Lee||Julie Coles|