At Biggleswade Academy we will harness the power of technology to match the world's pace of change and to develop staff and young people to be able to contribute positively to our 21st Century community.
Access to technology will underpin all aspects of our work to drive, and to be driven by, the development of quality learning and teaching which is relevant for our students today.
It will enable us all to become aspirational, independent learners, focussed on high achievement through deep, memorable learning experiences.
Technology will give opportunities to broaden horizons, developing networking and collaboration that will enable staff and students to take risks within a 'safe' environment and extend their learning to become global citizens. we will engender a child centred culture on individual needs of our learners.
The scheme has the following aims:
- To transform learning and teaching through the introduction of 1:1 devices.
- To lead innovation in the development of a 21st Century pedagogy.
- To bring parents, pupils and school into closer partnership to support learning projects.
These are our desired scheme outcomes:
- Empower pupils by encouraging creativity, problem-solving and independence in their learning.
- Provide an increasingly high degree of personalised feedback to pupils and their families.
- Bring pupils into closer partnership with teachers in the development of learning pathways and learning materials.
- Systematically share learning materials with pupils and parents in order to empower their support for learning anytime, anywhere.