Early Years Practitioner (Fixed Term - Maternity Cover)
You enjoy spending your day working in a busy Early Years setting. You know you are excellent at what you do and the children look up to you. Your work gives you an enormous sense of pride, knowing that every day your actions are shaping a child’s future. You have a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of the children in your care.
You could pick any Early Years setting... so why come here?
Let us have a chance to show you. We have an ‘Outstanding’ Early Years Team providing a safe, caring, inclusive, active learning environment for our pupils. From the minute you step into our dynamic and innovative school it is immediately obvious how much every single pupil enjoys being here. Pick a pupil to tell you what they love about the school - that is how confident we are that we are one of the best schools to further your career.
We are looking to recruit a Level 3 qualified, Early Years Practitioner who:
- Can provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for foundation stage pupils
- Has a working knowledge of the EYFS and Ofsted requirements for the specified age range
- Is able, with minimal support, to effectively communicate with parents and members of the community, plus establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, school staff and other stakeholders across our entire age range
- Is committed to high standards
- Understands the importance of play
- Is prepared to work inside and outside in all weather conditions
- Has a good understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and the principles of inclusion
- Can develop, lead and work as part of a dynamic and committed team
- Has or is willing to undertake paediatric first aid training
Hours: 27.75 hours per week, 39.6 weeks of the year (Term Time plus 8 days)
Fixed term until 20th December 2019 in the first instance
Salary: Level 2A, point 10-13
(Dependent on the experience and/or qualification of the successful candidate)
Closing Date: 1st February 2019
This is an exciting time to be joining our team and we welcome applications from keen, energetic, child-centred individuals - informal conversations and visits to meet the team are actively encouraged.
Please send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Biggleswade Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure Barring Service).