Entry Point 2 (Reception: Academic year of fifth birthday)
The Academy Governance Committee is the admissions authority for Biggleswade Academy and will apply the criteria below (in the order shown) to decide the order in which places will be allocated when there are more requests from parents than the number of places available:
The admissions number for entry (PAN) into the Academy in Year R is – 90 children
- All ‘looked after’ children or children who were previously ‘looked after’ (see definitions);
- Pupils attending the Academy pre-school ‘full time’ (defined as the maximum funded provision of 15 hours) regularly for a minimum of 12 months.
- Other pupils attending the Academy Pre-school.
- Pupils living in the catchment (see definition of catchment) with siblings at the school (see definition of sibling)
- Children of staff working within the Academy (see definition of staff)
- Other pupils living in the catchment area
- Other siblings not living within catchment area
- Any other children
Points to note relating to entry point 2:
- All children must be in school full time (Academy Year R) by the Statutory School age, which is the term after their 5th birthday.
- Year 1 will have one single point of admission, in the September of Each Academic year.
- Children admitted into the Academy pre-school are not guaranteed a place in a reception class; however they are prioritised in our admissions criteria listed below.
- All children starting reception who have not attended the Academy pre-school will receive a home visit from a member of the foundation stage staff prior to starting.
- The Academy operates a waiting list for entry point 2 based on the oversubscription criteria outlined above.
- Each child added to this list will require the list to be ranked again according to these criteria.
- The Academy waiting list will be maintained for a minimum of 1 full school term.